Saturday, March 7, 2009

a fashionably late update

Good morning! No, I did not forget about you. But as an excuse, I've had my coffee at different times and places in the past few weeks. So much has happened and is happening!

First things first. The Knoxville News Sentinel will be publishing a slightly abbreviated version of the Norris Cottage Renovation story, featuring Regina Merritt & Co. Not quite sure of the publication date yet, but will let you know soon. If you're local, get a paper. If you're not, you should be able to find it here.

I made it to the District! I'm staying with some hospitable friends who live in the Columbia Heights area, near Mt. Pleasant. This neighborhood is extremely vibrant; with people, noise and color. I would love to share more about it, but am not familiar enough yet. However, the Prince of Petworth has one of the best neighborhood blogs I've seen. His muses are unique houses, old architecture and city living, to name a few.

Lastly, I wanted to suggest this amazingly sweet 'n' salty treat I had tonight. Bacon + Chocolate is the newest exotic chocolate bar from Vosges Chocolate. Believe me, I was doubtful. But the blending of these two flavors (two of my favorites, I might add) is ingenious. This chocolate is absolutely delicious. The founder and chocolatier, Katrina Markoff, is a pretty fascinating woman. This video is long, but it gives some insight as to how and why people truly savor chocolate. Markoff's inspirations are valuable, and we are fortunate she is able to package her loves and share them with us.

2 comments:

  1. Look into his eyes!

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/34358064@N08/3345206062/sizes/l/

    He knows you are putting him on chocolate.

    ReplyDelete