Monday, March 23, 2009

flavor of the week

Spring is finally here! You'll probably want to be spending more time outdoors and less time in the kitchen. This Spring Tabbouleh recipe, courtesy of the lovely Heidi Swanson at 101 Cookbooks, is a great dish to welcome the season.

I understand she's just trying a different take on the traditional Mediterranean staple, so her recipe is sans tomatoes. But in my opinion, tabbouleh without some juice-popping cherry tomatoes is lacking. So I'd add 'em.

I'd also add these yummy glazed lemon cookies to the menu. Cafe Johnsonia provides play-by-play photo instructions with her recipes, which is great. Does anyone have any favorite spring recipes to share?

Also, apologies again for the delays. I'm finally getting in the groove here, so expect a weekly schedule of neat things coming up!


No comments:

Post a Comment